Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chapter1

<Story>
The main charactor Jonas' family is composed of 4 members; Father, Mother, 7years old sister and 11 years old Jonas. They live in a special world called "community", and the citizens are obediently following their strict rules. The time is nearly December, and Jonas is frightened by "The "Ceremony of Twelve".
*********************************************************************************
<Impressions>
"Community", "Ceremony", "transgression", these words let me know this story is Science Fiction.
His family's ritual looks very interesting. If family meeting rule happens in our world, it might be useful between less-communication families in Japan. Lily is very straightforward and cute, but actually her feeling which she felt sorry for the differential community's boy was happening on me. For example, a local people looked at foreigners who don't understand local culture. When I read this, it synchronized with my experience that I came from Japan to China. Jonas' Father's past failure seems to be very mysterious. I'm eager to read more to know what Ceremony means and how Father against the rules.

<My new words>
1. intrigue/v/to secretly plan to make people to harm sb
2. obediently/adv/doing what you are told to do
3. abandon/v/to leave sb/sth
4. patriotic/adj/having expressing great love of your country
5. grin/v/ to smile widely
6. I suppose./v/to think or belive that sth is true
7. overwhelming/adj/very great
8. transgression/n/to go beyong the limit of what is morally or legally acceptable
9. apprehensive/adj/worried or frightened that sth unpleasant may happen

2 comments:

  1. btw.. what was father's past failure? Did I really read it? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the page9; "No one ever mentioned it; the disgrace was unspeakable", and I thought it's Johas' father's story. However, I knew it's not! I was misunderstood it!

      Delete